Paintkit instructions?

Post questions, preview your paints and have discussions regarding painting of FAIB's models.
Tom C.

Paintkit instructions?

#1 Post by Tom C. »

Just wondering if there's any chance of the instructions being made available in pdf format Erez?

I am trying to learn this AI painting business and would like to have quick easy access to the instructions outside psp.
If possible, the pdf format so I could store on my Drop-box a/c to easy open on my iPad while painting.

It would make it easier than opening and closing layers in psp, as I know I am going to delete something I shouldn't at some stage.

I am slowly getting a Ryanair paint on the 400 model and am enjoying my time learning the ropes.
Looking forward to the NG series paint-kits as they are released so if this turns out ok, I will then move it onto the 800 series kit.

What a joy to use them as I learn what each layer means.

Thanks also to Nils on showing me the initial steps towards painting addiction :mrgreen:

flyingcarpet75
Beta Tester

Re: Paintkit instructions?

#2 Post by flyingcarpet75 »

Congrats Tom on your new addiction!

you might want to check my never completed tutorial to pick up a few painting hints,
http://www.flyingcarpet75.com/tutorial/

and if you want my ryanair psd's for the aardvark 738, let me know

Philippe

Tom C.

#3 Post by Tom C. »

I have that tutorial printed out Philippe, it has been used quite a lot this last 2 weeks since I started.
I have 2 paints covered, but both will be started over again a few times so I can be sure I am doing things somewhat correctly.

I don't have the NG paintkits obviously as they're not released yet, but have painted the Ryanair livery (badly lol) on the 400 model as you can see here.
Not great, but as only my second attempt over about 5 hours the last 2 nights, I'm quite proud of myself.
No reg, crap alignment and most likely many, many other cockups :mrgreen:

When the NG kits are released, if no one else has taken the Ryanair fleets, I might take you up on that offer, even if it could be months before I get something close to release completed.
Attachments
RYR 400 #1.jpg
RYR 400 #1.jpg (138.47 KiB) Viewed 9263 times

ewerber
Site Admin

#4 Post by ewerber »

That might not be a bad idea providing the instruction in the form of a PDF as well as in the paintkit, the reason its a part of the paintkit is because usually people don't read readme's or pdf documents and jump straight to painting thinking its the same old thing while it is not.

Tom C.

#5 Post by Tom C. »

ewerber wrote:the reason its a part of the paintkit is because usually people don't read readme's or pdf documents and jump straight to painting thinking its the same old thing while it is not.
I guess most accomplished painters wouldn't bother reading, but as I've only started anything that helps is worthy of paper and ink to have beside the PC for help/hints.
I know its asking a lot, but 200, classics and NG if they are all different would help immensely here at least, most appreciated if you can do it.

RobW94
Beta Tester

#6 Post by RobW94 »

Don't put yourself down Tom. It's nota bad start. Needs some work and I'm sure you'd find things easier painting on the NG paintkit, as you can compare what you are painting to real life photos.

We all produce crap when we first start. Look at the stuff that I was producing last April. It was shocking, but you've gotta start somewhere, and you'll get better with every paint you do. Also helps to keep practising.

I'm sure Brian Mitchell would help you out aswell as Philippe, he did alot of RYR fleer for AIA.