Domes show up in FS9 even with proper black out in alpha

Post questions, preview your paints and have discussions regarding painting of FAIB's models.
drpilot900

Domes show up in FS9 even with proper black out in alpha

#1 Post by drpilot900 »

I don't know why this is happening in my sim, all of the domes for all of the 737NG and Airbus models show up in my FS9. At first I thought it was just my first paint on the 737-700, however even though I thoroughly checked and double checked that all was according to the instructions it is happening to all instances of the models in my sim regardless of who the painter is. Any of the FS9 alphas I checked are in compliance with the PK instructions. Yes I am using the FS9 model for FS9.

The FSX stuff is showing just fine in that sim.

I have no idea where to diagnose something like this. I would appreciate some suggestions.

Thanks,

--DR

ewerber
Site Admin

Re: Domes show up in FS9 even with proper black out in alpha

#2 Post by ewerber »

The best way is to share one of your paints and see if this issue is isolated to your system or not.

drpilot900

#3 Post by drpilot900 »

Thanks for the reply Erez. I have already sent the texture out to one person who reports that the domes are showing up in their FS9 sim too. I have a couple of others checking this for me and I will report back here those results too.

So I guess at least with my repaint it is not isolated to my system. At this time it is a real mystery what is happening especially since the FSX version works like a charm. My primary sim is FS9 but I have FSX installed because I won't release any works without testing "in sim" first so this is very frustrating.

Let me know if you would like to take a look at my files and I will send them too you as you instruct. I would rather not post publicly as it is part of a package not released yet.

Thanks again

ewerber
Site Admin

#4 Post by ewerber »

You could upload them (dropbox,mediafire) and send a link by email or try to attach them to an email then send them to:
contact@fsxaibureau.com

drpilot900

#5 Post by drpilot900 »

Email sent with zip attached as well as dropbox link. Thanks for taking a look.
--DR

AirBusiness

#6 Post by AirBusiness »

I too am having the exact same issue in FS9 with the Boeing 738! Beautiful repaint but every dome structure appears in the model of the aircraft. I too followed the instructions for removing the domes.

ewerber
Site Admin

#7 Post by ewerber »

Make sure you have the latest PK and even try and download again.
Copy the alpha channel from the FS9 PK directly into your repaint and test in FS9 again.
This is how I fixed the paint drpilot900's sent me for checking, it seems the alpha is somehow wrong and is not totally black but actually only 99% black.
This issue could also be attributed to your paint program if it is not Photoshop.

drpilot900

#8 Post by drpilot900 »

Thanks Erez. All I had to do was re-fill the alpha channel with solid black and re-save it from the PS file to targa and worked like a charm.

--DR

P.S. I fixed the shadow layer too ;)