Black textures FAIB 744 Ultra HD textures in FSX (DX9 and DX

Post questions, preview your paints and have discussions regarding painting of FAIB's models.
navnak

Black textures FAIB 744 Ultra HD textures in FSX (DX9 and DX

#1 Post by navnak »

Hi There,

Yesterday I installed the ultra HD textures of the KLM FAIB 744. JB (Juergen Baumbush) provided the .TGA files which I converted to .DDS files. I thought since FSX cannot read TGA files, I converted them which results in black textures. When I switch to the lite version the textures appears in the sim.

I am using FSX:SE with DX10 enabled and the DX10 SceneryFixer tool. Geforce 780 4Gb GPU

Did I do something wrong does FSX read TGA files?

Thanks,
Roy

ewerber
Site Admin

Re: Black textures FAIB 744 Ultra HD textures in FSX (DX9 an

#2 Post by ewerber »

Black textures are usually missing textures, it could be that the TGA files where named incorrectly and you saved the DDS files with the incorrect names.
Is your simulator configured correctly to display 4096X4096 textures? Did you create the DDS files with mipmaps in imagetool?

navnak

Re: Black textures FAIB 744 Ultra HD textures in FSX (DX9 an

#3 Post by navnak »

Yes I know that black textures has something to do with missing textures or wrong name, or wrong engine types. But what I was trying to do is to convert the .tga files to .dds in Photoshop with the dds plugin provided from NVIDIA with mipmap and flip option selected. That did not work. I also use a lot of HD textures of the A330 and so on.

Which setting do I have to make in FSX:SE to make these textures visible.