737-Classics with winglets vs. Logo light

Post questions, preview your paints and have discussions regarding painting of FAIB's models.
jpdelwiche

737-Classics with winglets vs. Logo light

#1 Post by jpdelwiche »

Hello all,

This is the copy of a post I've written on AIG forum pages:

"I'm starting to install your superb new AI models and noticed that the 737-300 wingleted textures (so far I've only inslatted Air Baltic, Air Italy and Brussels Airlines repaints) are all showing a lit tail.
For information, the 737-300 and -500 equipped with winglets don't have a logo light, since the logo assembly is installed at the wing tips of the 737-Classics. If a winglet is installed, the logo light assembly doesn't fit anymore (to the contrary of the 737-NG's where the logo lights are installed in the upper horizontal stabilizer structure).

So, in reality, you'll never find a 737-Classic wingletted with a lit tail.
Just to let you know..."

Oh yes, I'm talking here about the FS9 repaints files.

Keep on the great work !
And on a personal note, I'm happy to see you back with wonderful repaints, Jürgen :-)

Thank you
Best regards,

M-Sauce
Beta Tester

Re: 737-Classics with winglets vs. Logo light

#2 Post by M-Sauce »

Hi JP

Yes, the problem comes from a feature in the FSX models. The way Erez built the model in FSX, it will not light the tail unless the logo light model is used. The problem with this is that while it assures no logo light splash on the winglet and normal FSX model, you still need to turn off that layer for an FS9 paint. So you are basically required to make two light maps, and some guys haven't (I might be guilty of this on my last NAX paint).

I think the best solution is to turn off the LL splash when making the light map regardless of what sim you are painting for, this way you only end up making one light map version. I will definitely takes this onboard for my next paint.

:)

Nils
Beta Tester

#3 Post by Nils »

I'll update my Air Italy paint later :)
Nils B.

Get my latest paints here:
http://www.juergenbaumbusch.de/

Mr.JB
Beta Tester

#4 Post by Mr.JB »

Hello Jean-Philippe,

Thank you for this information. DIdn't know that before. I have done the same mistake on the AIA-paints before. I will update the paints accordingly and upload it.

Cheers

Juergen

jpdelwiche

#5 Post by jpdelwiche »

Thank you all for your answers, guys.
And keep on the good work... you rock !