Alaska Combi Error and more

Post questions, preview your paints and have discussions regarding painting of FAIB's models.
atco
Beta Tester

Alaska Combi Error and more

#1 Post by atco »

Heads up on the Alaska Combi repaint the reg on the right side on both the FS9 and FSX repaints has 2 numbers on top of each other a 6 on top of a 5.

Edit:
Yet another error.
On the Statehood repaint, on the right side again where it says Pulling together, there looks like the remnants of some text under the G and T.

Come on guys please a little more attention to detail here, these are really obvious and basic errors and are detracting from the quality of the product. I was going to replace my AIA 737s tonight in the new Alaska plans but I'm sticking with them now after installing only 3 Alaska repaints and finding 2 of them with significant mistakes.

atco
Beta Tester

Re: Alaska Combi Error and more

#2 Post by atco »

And another error from a Juergen repaint:

Chanchangi Airlines 737-300 - Check out the tail logo's on the FSX and FS9 repaints.
They are different.

Oh and another thing, in all of Juergen's repaints I have seen so far (Alaska and Chanchangi) in his 32bit folder all the FAIB_737_xxx_T.bmp files are all lightmaps !

To be honest I'm just going to stay away from Juergen's repaints of these aircraft and keep the AIA version, the quality control is just not good enough there are mistakes everywhere to the point its got beyond frustrating trying to deal with them.

Nils
Beta Tester

#3 Post by Nils »

atco wrote: Oh and another thing, in all of Juergen's repaints I have seen so far (Alaska and Chanchangi) in his 32bit folder all the FAIB_737_xxx_T.bmp files are all lightmaps !
Would you be so kind and explain what you mean?
I've downloaded both the FS9 and FSX textures for Chanchangi.
And there was no lightmap in the 32-bit folders, just usual 32-bit textures.
Nils B.

Get my latest paints here:
http://www.juergenbaumbusch.de/

Mr.JB
Beta Tester

#4 Post by Mr.JB »

Hello Garry,

To be honest, it is not the fine art what you are doing here and over there at AIG. You and other know, I'm open for constructive critism and I take them serious. I'm not Antoine Calleja. ;) I receive several Mails every week with constructive critism or other paintes give it in the Backyard forum here, but to do it in public is not nice.

Afaik you have alredy access to the Staff forum here. It would be nice if we could work together for the next project be Erez. What do you think?

atco
Beta Tester

#5 Post by atco »

Apologies about the lightmap issue, of course because being 32bit the alpha does not show, so in imagetool they appear to be lightmaps, but of course they are not once the alpha is applied, so I was incorrect on that, so please disregard.

Juergen, I understand what you say, believe me I'm not into moving one pixel here or there, I get what you are about painting wise and I'm fine with that. I use an absolute ton of your repaints.
I was frustrated last night trying to install the Alaska flightplans to the point where I gave up over glaring errors.

You have great talent and dedication, and you are a prolific contributor to our hobby for which we are all extremely grateful. I certainly don't demand perfection but please I urge you to just check everything over before you upload it. Some of these paints have huge mistakes in them - wrong airline textures in packages, repaint errors that you should catch before uploading otherwise it leads to a negative experience for the end user. Many of your fltsim entries contain errors that will lead to repaints not appearing at all, which is no big deal for us "power users" but for those who are not as confident with cfg entries its a big problem.

I'm sorry if I came across as just bashing you for the sake of it, thats not what I want, nor do I want to critcise you for not having "Maik" levels of detail in your paints :)
I was hugely frustrated at coming across show stopping errors that really should have been caught before release.

I hope that explains a bit more where I was coming from, there is no ill will at all, just real desire to get you to the point where these mistakes are gone as much as possible and we can all enjoy the fruits of your very hard work :)

Regards
Garry