[FSX] Congrats and observance about approach of the NG's

General FSX/FS9 Discussion.
Ronaldo

[FSX] Congrats and observance about approach of the NG's

#1 Post by Ronaldo »

Hi Erez,

first of all congrats and many thanks for the 737 models. I'm using FSX and switching over to the FAIB models. It's a great addition to the sim and an eye candy in the AI enviroment. :)

I notice that the approach speed of the NG's seems to be rather low. They come in a bit short of landing and the thrust reservers don't come to action (because of the already low speed on approach?). The takeoff sequence however seems to be fine.

I'm using FSX in a Win7 64bit enviroment.

kind rgds,
Ron

ewerber
Site Admin

Re: [FSX] Congrats and observance about approach of the NG's

#2 Post by ewerber »

Is this always happening and what was the weather like when the aircraft exhibit that behavior?
Approach speed should be very slow (~80kt) for the FSX AI engine not to use the spoilers to which the reversers are attached, my guess is that perhaps
you had a very strong head wind or you are using a different version of FSX, perhaps SP1 or SP2 without Acceleration?

Ronaldo

#3 Post by Ronaldo »

I'm sorry, I use FSX Sp2 with Accleration .... Wind was calm (crosswind direction) and partly cloudly at KLAX, using Ray Smith latest afcad file. I will take a look to other airports later.

ewerber
Site Admin

#4 Post by ewerber »

This seems to be an intermittent issue with FSX AI, sometime the plane slows down so much it lands off of the airport.

flash323

#5 Post by flash323 »

I too agree with the low approach speed the NG's slow to about 122knts as oppose to the old aardvark models which approach speed is around 150knts. Is there anything we can do to increase the approach speed? oh I'm using FS9