What's next

General FSX/FS9 Discussion.
KVSmith72

What's next

#1 Post by KVSmith72 »

Since the NGs and Classics are out, what is next for FSX AI Bureau? I remember a while back that maybe 'military' versions of the 737 would be next after the NGs and Classics. Is that still a possibility or are you going towards a new model altogether like a updated 767 Series or 747 Series? Or are you guys going to keep it close to the chest? Just wondering because my AI Aardvark 737s are quickly disappearing. Thanks for the great 737 Family model and keep them coming. Keep up the good work. :D

ewerber
Site Admin

Re: What's next

#2 Post by ewerber »

No decision has been made as of yet.

KVSmith72

#3 Post by KVSmith72 »

Okay. Just a suggestion, maybe a Boeing 787 since it seems like the UTT model might be going belly-up! :lol:

flyingcarpet75
Beta Tester

#4 Post by flyingcarpet75 »

KVSmith72 wrote:Okay. Just a suggestion, maybe a Boeing 787 since it seems like the UTT model might be going belly-up! :lol:

According to Maksim, the UTT 787 will be released shortly, only thing currently missing is the public pk.

I would personally love to see an Airbus narrow body family matching the Boeing NG's in quality and detail, but whatever Erez decides to build next (hoping there will be a next) is sure to be a masterpiece, so I'm not worried :)

Cheers

Philippe

KVSmith72

#5 Post by KVSmith72 »

flyingcarpet75 wrote:
KVSmith72 wrote:Okay. Just a suggestion, maybe a Boeing 787 since it seems like the UTT model might be going belly-up! :lol:

According to Maksim, the UTT 787 will be released shortly, only thing currently missing is the public pk.

I would personally love to see an Airbus narrow body family matching the Boeing NG's in quality and detail, but whatever Erez decides to build next (hoping there will be a next) is sure to be a masterpiece, so I'm not worried :)

Cheers

Philippe

Really? Well that is great news! Thanks Philippe for the update. Whatever he decides to do, it will be great. :D

cgold

#6 Post by cgold »

What would be really cool to see is a comprehensive Douglas DC-9 fleet.
Granted, it is more retro nowadays - however...

There are the older AI Aardvark DC-9-teens, -30's, -40's, and -50's...
and then there are the AIG DC-9-teens, -20, -40's and -50's.
Seems very hodge-podge...

The FAIB Boeing 737 fleet and the A32X fleets all make the AI planes one may see consistent and good.
If one has 1 model for 5 liveries, it looks very consistent and more realistic.
If one has 5 models for 1 livery, that's very inconsistent and looks more un-realistic.

What would be cool to see is a modern day compilation of all of the DC-9's
from the Baby-9's to the bigger DC-9-50's that Delta still uses to this very day.

Some are still flying currently - military and civilian... and some liveries could
be more retro oriented (Eastern, TWA, JAT, etc.) - some could be more present-day ones...
(Delta, East Africa Baby-9's, Kalitta, etc.)

Some military variants would be the C-9's the US Navy and Marine Corp still use.
There was even one painted in 'Air Force One'-like colors.

What do you all think? ;)
"I feel the need...
...the need for speed!"

ewerber
Site Admin

#7 Post by ewerber »

The DC-9/MD8X Is considered but its more likely the Queen will get the FAIB treatment before not that I am saying the next model is the Queen. :roll:

cgold

#8 Post by cgold »

A complete and consistent 747 fleet would be nice too... From the 747SP to the 747-400 would be really cool. 8-)
UTT has the 747-8 already... unless you all wanted to do the 747-8, it could be considered done.
"I feel the need...
...the need for speed!"

ewerber
Site Admin

#9 Post by ewerber »

Even if I make the Queen it is unlikely there will be any variant other then the -400.

Nils
Beta Tester

#10 Post by Nils »

That'sad :(
Especially the SP needs a new mode - the old FSP/PAI model is really outdated
Nils B.

Get my latest paints here:
http://www.juergenbaumbusch.de/

M-Sauce
Beta Tester

#11 Post by M-Sauce »

ewerber wrote:Even if I make the Queen it is unlikely there will be any variant other then the -400.
And if you make the whale, you can count on pics of any detail you need. Hopefully you will also make the -8, it would be nice to see your attention to detail on both models.

The Aardvarks are nice, but they really are looking quite boxy.

johanfrc
Beta Tester

#12 Post by johanfrc »

The AIA are way too old now. I started using them in 2004 and they are still the only one to use! So would be great to get a new B747 series. Eventhough the -400 is the most used today, the -100/-200 and -300 are still flying especially as cargo. So if the B747's are going to be made I would really vote to get all types. Also to give the cargo plane segment a FSX-treatment.

Today the following number of each type are still flying:

-100: 8 (1 testbed for GE and the rest in Iran).
-200: 48 (mainly cargo but still a few pax flying).
-300: 16 (mainly Middle or Far East).
-400: 570.
-8: 49 planes and counting.
-SP: 18 (mainly governemt planes' but also a few pax and testbeds).

PatrickZ

#13 Post by PatrickZ »

I'd also like to see a good 757, it's one of my favourite airplanes.

RobW94
Beta Tester

#14 Post by RobW94 »

PatrickZ wrote:I'd also like to see a good 757, it's one of my favourite airplanes.
The AIG model is a very good model - it's just not got a HD paintkit nor is FSX native. But in reply to your post, it's a very good model.