FS9 stops working with 737NG

General FSX/FS9 Discussion.
josecolme

FS9 stops working with 737NG

#1 Post by josecolme »

Hello,

Sorry if this has already posted but I couldn't find anything on this problem. I installed a few 737NG's from FAIB replacing the AIA ones. Specifically the Copa, American, Delta, and United 737 NG's. When I have these installed, textures for aircraft and buildings do not load and as soon as I o into any menu (weather, go to airport, change aircraft, anything) the sim gets stuck, brings up an error and closes. I haven't been able to figure out what the issue might be, I can only think that these were not designed with FS9 in mind but only for FSX since as soon as I bring AIA back the problem goes away.

Jose

ewerber
Site Admin

Re: FS9 stops working with 737NG

#2 Post by ewerber »

First make sure you installed the FS9 models and not the FSX models, using the FSX models in FS9 might lead to a crash.
Second make sure you are using textures for FS9 and not FSX as these will also cause FS9 to crash.
I have written a program that can check and report if you have any FSX textures or bad textures in your FS9, you can get it here:
http://www.alpha-india.net/forums/index ... ic=12616.0
be sure to save the log once the program finishes running, and then check it to see if there are any issues.

josecolme

#3 Post by josecolme »

Great I'll check it out and let you know. You might be right since I opened up the model with FSPainter and the fuselage does not come up so there might be some sort of incompatibility issue.

josecolme

#4 Post by josecolme »

Apparently I had FSX textures in FS9 on the American 738. The issue now is that it seems to have blurry textures with both DXT3 and 32 bit.

ewerber
Site Admin

#5 Post by ewerber »

This is a known problem when using textures with mipmaps (the correct format in FS) with an incorrect configuration or weak computer with too little amount of VRAM.
Make sure your global texture memory in FS9 is set to Huge and If you have an Nvidia card you should install NvidiaInspector and use it to edit the FS9 profile and make sure that Negative LOD Bias is set to Clamp and texture filtering is set to high quality.

Alternatively you can use Imagetool to strip the mipmaps which might be the only solution if you have an ATI card.