Logo Always On

General FSX/FS9 Discussion.
ScottecLEMD

Logo Always On

#1 Post by ScottecLEMD »

HI Guys

I see that this subject was brought up once before but the fix seemed related to P3D V2.5

Ever since P3D V3.3 I have been unable to see the Logo Light at night while the aircraft is parked at the gate. I have copied the relevant textures to the correct locations in P3D V4 and have even gone to the length of creating a texture.cfg file so that the textures can be found, but nothing appears to work. This is for all FAIB models that I have installed.

Can anyone shed any light (pardon the pun) on this as I know that others have this working without any issues.

Thanks and regards

Ken

ewerber
Site Admin

Re: Logo Always On

#2 Post by ewerber »

I have installed the current versions always on texture into V4 and they work as advertised.
In any case the entire always on system is being revised starting with the 767 and later updated to all of FAIB's models, you could choose to have the logo lights remain on, the cabin lights remain on or the the navigation lights remaining on while parked at the gate in any combination you like per model (not per paint) without changing any texture files simply by editing the aircarft.cfg file.

ScottecLEMD

#3 Post by ScottecLEMD »

Maybe the problem lies then with the fact that the base package seems to include two variations of the Logo Light.

E.g. FAIB A318 - zip file contains two directories:

1. EXTRA > LOGO LIGHT ALWAYS ON > then in this case FAIB_A318_CFM_AlwaysOn_L.dds, FAIB_A318_PW_AlwaysOn_L.dds

and a simple text file stating PLACE INSIDE YOUR FSX MAIN TEXTURE FOLDER

2. PLACE INSIDE YOUR FSX MAIN TEXTURE FOLDER >then in this case FAIB_A318_CFM_AlwaysOn_L.dds, FAIB_A318_PW_AlwaysOn_L.dds

The files in both the above main directories contain exactly the same file name.....but the contents are completely different just by looking at the file size. One is 824 bytes and appears to be a small black box, but the other is 2.66mb and does actually appear to be a logo light map.

The question now is, why the two different versions? Maybe I have been copying both to the stated directory but always managing to overwrite the actual Logo Light Map with the Black Box - still to prove this.

ewerber
Site Admin

#4 Post by ewerber »

Yeah, your confusion is the main reason for the new aircarft.cfg system ;)
You need to have just one always on texture in your main texture folder and that texture in the case you DO want always on logo lights needs to be only the texture from the EXTRA folder, if you go and overwrite the logo light always on texture with the original always on texture you will not get the always on logo lights.

ScottecLEMD

#5 Post by ScottecLEMD »

Thanks Erez

I have now figured that out by trial and error. Maybe it would be worth including in the readme.txt file some guidance to that effect.

Many thanks

Ken

ewerber
Site Admin

#6 Post by ewerber »

From the readme file:
**** NEW IN SP1 ****
Inside the EXTRA folder you will find the LOGO LIGHT ALWAYS ON folder which includes special always on textures designed to give you logo light illumination at all times similar to UT2 models.
Simply copy these textures to your MAIN FSX TEXTURE folder and overwrite.