A32X shaking/whobbling and rocketing

Post here if you have any general questions.
navnak

A32X shaking/whobbling and rocketing

#1 Post by navnak »

Hi There,
First of all, you guys did a hell of a job. A job well done. Congrats.

Some early notices:

I have already all the variations flying in my virtual (FSX) skies. When I follow the A32x and A319. The plane starts to shake/wobble some 1500 feet of the ground. I also noticed that the planes are shooting into the skies. Within a couple of seconds the plane, mostly the A319′s, are flying at or above fl100. They then have to decent again as of the ATC requirements. Does anybody have the same issues?

I had this also with the 737's (all models). Thanks to Jan's FDE, the shaking/whobbling and shooting into the skies are history.

Again, thanks for your nice work.
Regards

Jan Martin
Beta Tester

Re: A32X shaking/whobbling and rocketing

#2 Post by Jan Martin »

Do you use any programs that manipulate AI in any way?

navnak

#3 Post by navnak »

Yes, The only program I use to spot AI traffic is SuperTrafficBoard v3.2.

All flightplans are manually installed.

xlflyer

#4 Post by xlflyer »

Any update on this??
I have the same problems too. The models use very little length of the runway during the takeoff/landing rolls

ewerber
Site Admin

#5 Post by ewerber »

Using very little runway is a requirement so that aircraft vacate the runway faster to prevent go arounds, as for the rocking this is an inherent problem of the FSX AI FDE and even the default planes do it.
As for the fast climbing I was unable to reproduce this on my computer however during beta we did discovered that people who used modified aiplayer.dll files with modified taxi speeds had adversely affected their AI handling in the air(!) so if you are using any of these patches please try again with the original DLL.
If nothing helps you can try and use the FS9 FDE which is made by Jan Martin, simply copy the .air and .cfg files from the FS9 folders of the base packages.

xlflyer

#6 Post by xlflyer »

But is there a way of getting them to use more runway, because as with a previous post when I added Jan's FDEs to my 737 models it made them use a realistic amount of runway

ewerber
Site Admin

#7 Post by ewerber »

There is no single parameter to change, it multitude of parameters each affecting both the takeoff roll and vertical speed and the ability to maintain speed at cruise altitude.
You can simply use Jan's FDE if you find it more to your liking or you can start tweaking the FSX FDE and see if you can make it better.