Clarify Pleeze

Post here if you have any general questions.
garyghostrider

Clarify Pleeze

#1 Post by garyghostrider »

Hello,
First off, a long overdue thank you to everyone at FAIB..You have done a fantastic job in enhancing the AI world in FS2004 and FSX!!

Question,
Are the models interchangeable between FS2004 and FSX?? I have ported my FS2004 FAIB 737 models and textures to FSX and everything seems to work fine..I want to get the maximum benefit from using the FSX native models and I need to know if the FSX models need the .DDS texture formats or can they use the .BMP textures from FS2004?? I have seen texture sets released with .BMP files for both FS2004 and FSX but the B737-700 base set for FSX comes with a Boeing House texture set in .DDS...I have read that the FS2004 1024x1024 sized textures cannot be viewed successfully in FSX if resized to 2048x2048...Just want to make sure my FSX AI fleet is assembled properly to get the most from your great models...My apologies if these questions have been answered previously in the forums but I couldn't find this particular problem addressed...Thanks for any help!!

Gary

johanfrc
Beta Tester

Re: Clarify Pleeze

#2 Post by johanfrc »

FSX can read both BMP and DDS. But FS9 can't read DDS.

The model will read both BMP and DDS. But DDS is the default texture-format for FSX, so it's best to keep DDS, although BMP will work.

Nils
Beta Tester

#3 Post by Nils »

Also worth a note that the paints made for the FS9 FAIB models cannot be used in FSX.
Nils B.

Get my latest paints here:
http://www.juergenbaumbusch.de/

garyghostrider

#4 Post by garyghostrider »

Nils wrote:Also worth a note that the paints made for the FS9 FAIB models cannot be used in FSX.
Is that strictly because of the texture file size?? Are there compiled differences between the models for FS2004 and FSX?? Lastly, do the .BMP files need to be made 2048x2048 specifically to display properly in FSX?? Thanks very much for taking the time to answer my questions!!

Happy Flying,
Gary

Nils
Beta Tester

#5 Post by Nils »

The only problem.would be the alpha channel.
Texture size and if it's BMP or DDS doesn't matter.
Nils B.

Get my latest paints here:
http://www.juergenbaumbusch.de/

garyghostrider

#6 Post by garyghostrider »

Okay Nils, Thanks for the info!!

Happy Flying,
Gary