FAIB Aircraft taxiing into each other - any help?

Post here if you have any general questions.
NewWorldOrder82

FAIB Aircraft taxiing into each other - any help?

#1 Post by NewWorldOrder82 »

Hi there,

now that my AI conversion from EVAI/DJC to FAIB is progressing rapidly, I discovered a weid problem with all the FAIB aircraft: When they are taxiing towards the end of a queue line ( for example the takeoff queue at a runway ), the planes are not stopping behind the plane in front of them, but they go straight into them, stopping in the middle of the plane in front of them, if stopping at all. It does not matter if the plane in front of them is also a FAIB one or of another "brand" (TFS,AIA,UTT,etc).
Is this a known issue and is there a solution for this? Ah, and maybe I should mention that I am using FS9.

Thank you very much in advance for any helpful hint or solutions for this problem.

cheers,
Mike

ewerber
Site Admin

Re: FAIB Aircraft taxiing into each other - any help?

#2 Post by ewerber »

Usually caused by the taxi speed tweak via dll modification, do you have that installed?

NewWorldOrder82

#3 Post by NewWorldOrder82 »

Hi Erez,

no, I don't have that one installed. Taxi speeds are at their default values. That problem also seems to be limited to only the A32x and B737s. So far I wasn't able to
catch this behavior with the B748.

cheers
Mike

ewerber
Site Admin

#4 Post by ewerber »

I have not seen this issue besides with using the taxi speed tweak.
If I remember this might also happen when there are problems with hold short nodes in the AFCAD of an airport.
You can also try and use Jan's FDE sets from here: http://www.alpha-india.net/forums/index ... #msg173124