AI visibility distance

Post here if you have any general questions.
voxel

AI visibility distance

#1 Post by voxel »

Is it possible to change distance in which models of AI traffic dissapear ?
If our airplaneplane is about 2NM away from FAIB models they vanish.
If I use other models (TFS) they dissapear in different distance (9NM) so the settings .cfg are correct.

ewerber
Site Admin

Re: AI visibility distance

#2 Post by ewerber »

What is your simulator version and what is your monitor resolution?
Models disappear in FS9 when they are drawn at a size of 1 pixel and 5 pixels in FSX, if your monitor resolution is very low (below 1680X1050) there is a possibility aircraft would disappear prematurely.

voxel

#3 Post by voxel »

My monitor resolution is 1920 x 1080 (Samsung SyncMaster 2243SN)
I use P3Dv3 now but earlier I used FSX and also visibility distance was about 2NM.

ewerber
Site Admin

#4 Post by ewerber »

Well since this issue has not been reported by other users I am afraid I cannot help you any further at this time.
The fact the TFS aircraft show at a range of 9 NM in P3DV3 may mean a lot of things since these are FS9 models, I will not put this past a P3DV3 bug since in FSX on my machine with similar resolution the aircraft disappear further than 2 NM.

EDIT:
I could try and send you a modified model in order to test if changing the last LOD pixel parameter of the FSX models helps you with this issue.

voxel

#5 Post by voxel »

Thank you for your quick reply and trying help.
I've seen on other forums users have this same problem, so it is not just for me.
I willingly check these modified models :)
In which exactly distance disappear FAIB models in your simulator (If you know :) ?