A32X landing splash not visible

Post here if you have any general questions.
AHamada767

A32X landing splash not visible

#1 Post by AHamada767 »

My first post in the forum,

I have been using the FSX native FAIB A320 family models for a little while and noticed that they are meant to be using the FAIB_Landing_Splash.dds when landing lights are turned on at night however no matter what, during the night when landing lights have been turned on there is no splash on the ground. I had also made the aircraft flyable to test how it works and reacts and found that still there was no splash. I did place the FAIB_Landing_Splash.dds file into the main FSX texture directory and assumed that the light may be controlled by flap setting or tailhook command however after experimenting with both there was still no result. Perhaps I have missed something when initially installing the aircraft.
I have attached an image showing the lack of splash on the ground with both landing and taxi lights on.

Hopefully you can guide me to fixing this issue.

Kind regards.
Attachments
Screenshot_3.jpg
Screenshot_3.jpg (151.15 KiB) Viewed 49655 times

ewerber
Site Admin

Re: A32X landing splash not visible

#2 Post by ewerber »

Hi, Please update the fuel section of the affected model aircraft.cfg file with the following amended fuel section and report if this solves your problems.

Code: Select all

[fuel]
// Remove Center1 fuel tank to disable dynamic lights and enable custom light splashes
//Center1   =  -41.4,   0.0, -1.5, 1.0, 0.0     
// Uncomment Center2 to enable always on logo lights
//Center2   =  -41.4,   0.0, -1.5, 1.0, 0.0 
// Uncomment Center3 to enable always on cabin lights    
//Center3   =  -41.4,   0.0, -1.5, 1.0, 0.0    
// Uncomment External1 to enable always on navigation lights  
//External1   =  -41.4,   0.0, -1.5, 1.0, 0.0     
LeftMain  = -17.0, -30.0, 1.0, 150, 0          //Longitudinal (feet), Lateral (feet), Vertical (feet), Usable(gallons), Unusable (gallons)
RightMain = -17.0,  30.0, 1.0, 150, 0          //Longitudinal (feet), Lateral (feet), Vertical (feet), Usable(gallons), Unusable (gallons)
fuel_type = 2                                   //Fuel type: 1 = Avgas, 2 = JetA
number_of_tank_selectors = 1                    
electric_pump=1
fuel_dump_rate = 0.0167                        //Percent of max quantity per second, i.e. about 1 minute for full fuel

AHamada767

Re: A32X landing splash not visible

#3 Post by AHamada767 »

That sorted the problem out just right! I'll be applying the original [fuel] section from the 767 to the current one again seeing as I have the same issue on that too.

Many thanks!
Attachments
Screenshot_4.jpg
Screenshot_4.jpg (191.03 KiB) Viewed 49610 times