Couple of questions

Post here if you have any general questions.
xlflyer

Couple of questions

#1 Post by xlflyer »

Hi,
Firstly would like to say your models & textures are fantastic!
Just have a couple of questions:
When the models initially take off and up to when they are intructed to turn by ATC the model seem to rock a lot, is there any way of stopping that?
Is there a way of getting the models to use a more realistic amount of runway when they land? Compared to some other models they seem to use even less than them and the other one dont use that much.

Oh and are there any more models/ textures planned? ;-)

Thanks,
Ollie

Nils
Beta Tester

Re: Couple of questions

#2 Post by Nils »

xlflyer wrote:Hi,
Oh and are there any more models/ textures planned? ;-)
The only question I can answer :D I'll leave the rest to Erez ;P

We painters are still working hard painting more Classics. The 737 NG will be next :)
Nils B.

Get my latest paints here:
http://www.juergenbaumbusch.de/

ewerber
Site Admin

#3 Post by ewerber »

I assume you are using FSX, I haven't encountered the rocking you are describing as far as flying it should behave very slimier to the MS default -800.
as for the short landing roll, It designed this way to clear the runway quickly and prevent runway blockage.
you can open the aircraft.cfg files and play with the following setting: toe_brakes_scale
decreasing it will give you a longer roll out.

xlflyer

#4 Post by xlflyer »

Thanks, will have a play round with that.
With the rocking, its as the gears go up after take off the aircraft rocks forwards then once they're up rocks back to the normal climbing position. Then does it again and does it until the aircraft turns away.

Another question :-) i love how the models use the jetways at the airports, how do you get them to do that??
Ollie

ewerber
Site Admin

#5 Post by ewerber »

I reduced the toe_brakes_scale to 0.6 and increased min_throttle_limit from -0.25 to -.12 this lengthened the landing roll out.
I do see a rocking up and down motion once before the airplane enters climbing stage but only once, its the way the AI pilot flies after takeoff.
As for the jetways make sure you have the exit code and location in your aircraft.cfg and the jetways will extend automatically.

xlflyer

#6 Post by xlflyer »

Whats the exit code and location?

ewerber
Site Admin

#7 Post by ewerber »

Normally an FS9 AI aircraft .cfg file contains the following items under the [exits] section:

Code: Select all

[exits]
number_of_exits = 2
exit_rate.0 = 0.4                               ;Percent per second
exit_rate.1 = 0.4                               ;Percent per second
Note there is only the speed of the door opening animation parameter.
In FSX this was expended to the following kind of [exits] section:

Code: Select all

[exits]
number_of_exits =2
exit.0 = 0.4,  29.077, -5.009,  4.447, 0   //openclose rate percent per second, longitudinal, lateral, vertical positions from datum (feet), type (0=Main 1=Cargo 2=Emergency)
exit.1 = 0.4, -27.074,  3.542, -1.662, 1   //openclose rate percent per second, longitudinal, lateral, vertical positions from datum (feet), type (0=Main 1=Cargo 2=Emergency)
Note now an exit has a location and type, FSX uses those to connect the jetway and cargo belt, so if your AI aircraft .cfg file has those locations FSX will bring the jetway to them.
As for finding the door location that's the tricky part, your best bet is to contact the modeller and ask them to measure the location for you.

xlflyer

#8 Post by xlflyer »

Ok thanks

mariopatriots

#9 Post by mariopatriots »

It seems the aicraft doesn´t bring any virtual cockpit(VC) so I wanted to know if their is a form to get it? And if it yes please include the steps to get the VC.

Thank You,
Mario.

ewerber
Site Admin

#10 Post by ewerber »

Next time please open a new thread.
As for your question, there is no VC as this is not a user aircraft so it is not meant to be flown by you the user so no support in regards to this "issue".