Night lighting in FSX

Post here if you have any general questions.
mjlw

Night lighting in FSX

#1 Post by mjlw »

Just a quick thank you for contributing these wouldful new AI models. I think they are fantastic.

A quick question.

I've been adding the new FAIB AI models to my FSX AI traffic and noticed that they come with a 'Logolight always on' texture. Install instructions suggest this file should be added to the main FSX texture folder. I use Ultimate Traffic II and AI logolights remain on after dark. I was hopeing to achieve the same effect with the new FAIB models, but so far they remain dark until the aircraft starts to taxi.

1.Should the FAIB models remain lit up after dark?

2.If so, how specifically do I achieve this?

Thanks for any assistance.

Regards Matt Williams

ewerber
Site Admin

Re: Night lighting in FSX

#2 Post by ewerber »

As far as FSX is concern the logo light should be turned off when the plane parks, in real life the logo light remains on on short legs stops but if an aircraft makes an over night stop they are turned off, in FS9 the logo lights would have turned off 15 min after parking but in FSX the turn off immediately after shut down.

The FSX model feature an always on texture, you can modify it so all the aircraft of a particular model such as all -300, even normal and winglets which normally don't have logolight at all will always be lit.

I have attached the the needed texture file for each model:
If you want a certain paint to have logo lights on all the time place the texture in that paints folder.
If you want all the paints to have logo lights (not real but similier to UT2) then place the texture file in your main FSX texture folder and overwrite.

mjlw

#3 Post by mjlw »

Thanks so much for the quick reponse. I know having all the logo lights on is not really realistic, but thanks for your help with this. Just my preference so I can see all your wounderful AI lit up at night. Love your work.

Regards Matt Willams

titibou

#4 Post by titibou »

Hello,thanks for your great models!
Would you please post another "always_on_logolight.zip"file,because it seems it's corrupted.
I can't open it with winrar.
Moreover how to keep logolights on in NG's as well

thank you
looking for your A32X creations

ewerber
Site Admin

#5 Post by ewerber »

New logo light always on textures, these are in DDS format so remember to remove BMP files that share the same name as DDS to make sure FSX uses the DDS files.

titibou

#6 Post by titibou »

Thank you
and keep up the good work
Regards

titibou

#7 Post by titibou »

Hello,
sorry to bother you again with the "always on lightmap" but ihave a problem with the 'NG's series.
the name and version of the lightmap appears on the upper part of the fuselage at night.
for the classic series ,its perfect.
I have deleted the bmp files in the main fsx texture folder and replaced it with
the dds ones.am i doing something wrong?
Regards
Thierry

ewerber
Site Admin

#8 Post by ewerber »

My mistake, attached is a new version of the archive with the fixed texture files.
Attachments
Always On Logo Light.zip
(760.78 KiB) Downloaded 2309 times

Basilem84

#9 Post by Basilem84 »

Hi everybody,

First a big thanks to the developer for his awesome work.
Would love to know if the same file exist for the new A32X family ?

Thanks in advance for your help.
BR
Basile

ewerber
Site Admin

#10 Post by ewerber »

Here is the Airbus A32X version.
Attachments
Always On Logo Light A32X.zip
(892.2 KiB) Downloaded 2054 times

pilotter

#11 Post by pilotter »

ewerber wrote:Here is the Airbus A32X version.
thanks looking good in the sim :ugeek:

however does the sharklets version needs a seperate file?

ewerber
Site Admin

#12 Post by ewerber »

No.

Marcelo Nahás

#13 Post by Marcelo Nahás »

ewerber wrote:My mistake, attached is a new version of the archive with the fixed texture files.
ewerber, i have installed your "always on" textures on 737-800WL and it is working fine. However, winglet light is on all time. How is it possible? Is there an independent mask for logo light and winglet light in FAIB..._L.dds?? I couldn't find it in alpha channel.

Sorry for my bad english...

ewerber
Site Admin

#14 Post by ewerber »

Winglets light is coupled to the cabin lights in the model level and not alpha controlled, in FSX the cabin light remain on as long as the navigational lights are on.
After 15 minutes the cabin light should turn off and with them the cabin lights.