The long wait is over, roughly one year since we released the 747-8 the entire 747 family is now complete with the release of the 747 classics and the 747SP. Over the coming days various additional paints will be made available at various AI paint websites such as FlyingCarpet75.com and JuergenBaumbusch.de.
For those of you who know how to use a brush you would be delighted to hear all of the 747 paint kits are now officially available for download. FAIB already has several new projects being worked on so keep an eye out at the usual places (and here) for previews and news.
On a more personal note I would like to thank everyone who participated in the beta and helped testing and painting, your help is very much appreciated.
Jump over to the branch of manufacturing for all the latest swag.
Standard feature list for the 747 classics/747SP follows:
1. 34 native FSX models and 17 FS9 models.
2. Special 747-200/300 models with the improved 747-400 wing root fairing.
3. FSX models with and without wingflex.
5. UHD textures for the FSX version featuring quadruple the amount of space of previous FAIB FSX textures and 16 times the amount of an FS9 texture.
6. FSX models feature a global minified lightmap which reduces the memory usage to mere kilobytes and saves a lot of VRAM and HDD space.
7. 7 LOD levels for optimal performance.
8. All models feature independent lights, With landing lights that are only on when on the runway or on approach.
9. All models feature moving parts including landing gear, body gear steering, gear compression, rolling tires, spoilers, thrust reverse’s, flaps that also deploy for takeoff, leading edge device that retract when using thrust reverse, nose gear steering and surfaces droop.
10. Where available passenger base packs come with Boeing roll out livery.
As always donations are appreciated so if you like FAIB’s work hit our donation button(s). every little bit helps, thank you.